Bejeweled Twist was the third game that was released in the Bejeweled series, and it was the first spin off of Bejeweled. The rules changed in this game: unlike other Bejeweled games in the series, you rotate a set of four gems instead of swapping two gems.
Bejeweled Twist features a total of four different playable game modes, all of which are accessed from the game's play menu. Only two of the game modes can be played at first, while the remaining game modes become available by fulfilling certain requirements.
The playable game modes in Bejeweled Twist consist of the following:
- Blitz (Becomes available by completing Level 10 in Classic mode)
- This game also contains unused objects, including gems like Skull Gem and Ice Gem.
- The gems had new graphics in this game; they all look slimmer, glossier and of course more realistic. The graphics were reused in Bejeweled Blitz (final version only) and Bejeweled 3.
- Although this is not confirmed, the autosave function may break if the game detects it has been cracked or pirated. This detection happens as soon as it is launched from a cracked source, evidenced by the fact that it can reset to the last save from a legit source.
- Bejeweled Twist for mobile has more tutorials than Bejeweled Twist for PC. It has a slightly different rules.